Please familiarize yourself with how we collect use and disclose Personal Information (as defined below).
INFORMATION THAT MAYBE COLLECTED
Non-Personal Information (or "Non-PII") is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not uniquely identify you. We and our third party service providers may collect your Non-Personal Information, including information about the device you are using in accessing and/or using the Site, information from referring webSite, and your interaction with the Site. We and our third party service providers may also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. This collective information constitutes Non-Personal Information.
Personal Information is information such as your name, tied to a postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and date of birth, or other data that, when taken together, can uniquely identify you. Personal Information also includes certain sensitive information related to your finances or, for business accounts, related to the finances of your employer, such as a credit card number or other payment account number (including the three (3) or four (4) digit validation code for your credit card). In order for you to take advantage of the services provided through the Site, we may require that you furnish Personal Information or, for business accounts, that your employer furnish Personal Information for you. We and our third party service providers collect your Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us or, for business accounts, when your employer provides it to us.
Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect. For example, your IP Address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Collected Information. We and our third party service providers may use your Personal Information and any third party’s Personal Information that you may provide, as applicable:
- process your registration on our Site, including verifying your information to ensure its accuracy and validity.
- fulfill your requests
- fulfill your purchases
- customize content on our Site
- send you important information regarding the Site, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be material to your use of the Site, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- inform you of products, programs, services.
- permit you to refer us to your friends so that we may send them promotional offers
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Non-Personal Information. Because your Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. We reserve the right to share your Non-Personal Information with our affiliates and with other third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we and our third party service providers may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information. If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our third party service providers may disclose Personal Information:
- to provide services, or to enable third party service providers to provide services, such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services.
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address actual or suspected fraud, security or technical issues, and to verify your purchase to holder(s) of any credit card(s) or other payment account(s) used to place order(s) through your account.
- as required to fulfill your order
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Site.
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy and/or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for recordkeeping purposes.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTICES
Forums and Profiles. We and our third party service providers may make available through the Site certain services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, "profile pages" and blogs) to which you may be able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you provide in connection with such services may become public, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public, including without limitation the ratings and reviews that accompany many restaurant listings and the comments section of our blog posts. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, and/or any other information and/or materials, on the Site. NEITHER WE, NOR ANY OF OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY DULY AUTHORIZED BY US AND/OR BY OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, IS OR SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USE BY ANY UNAUTHORIZED PERSON OR ENTITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
Security. Although we cannot guarantee 100% security, we and our third party service providers use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
Changing Personal Information. You may review, correct and/or update certain elements of your Personal Information by adjusting your preferences in the "My Account" section of GrubHub.com. We and our third party service providers are not responsible for altering Personal Information from the databases and/or other records of third parties with whom we and our third party service providers have shared your Personal Information.
Deletion of personal data. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us by submitting a written request. Evounce will irrevocably delete your personal data as soon as all existing contracts and other legal relationships with you have been fully settled and insofar as we are not legally obliged to retain your personal data or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that after deletion of your personal data, we will no longer be able to access the corresponding data.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children. Under no circumstances are the Site directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18). Such individuals are prohibited from using the Site and should not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Disclaimer. If you choose to access the Site, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the availability of the Site, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Site and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries, which may provide a different level of data security than your country of residence provides.
California Privacy Rights. If you are a user of the Site and a California resident, California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) permits you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you and you would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address provided below.